Chewy Homemade Granola Bars (Gluten-Free, Vegan)Print Recipe
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 loosely packed cup of pitted medjool dates (10 or so dates depending on their size)
- 1 cup water
- You can add anything you like- nuts, sunflower seeds, pepitas, dried fruit, (dairy-free) chocolate chips, nut butter, etc.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Soak the pitted dates in water for an hour or so to soften them up, then blend in a high-speed blender with 1 cup of water until smooth.
Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, along with any add-ins you choose and mix together.
Next pour the date mixture into the bowl and stir until a dough forms.
Spoon the dough into the lined baking pan and use a spoon to flatten it until it's smooth and even.
Bake for 15 minutes, until the bars are firm and slightly golden.
Let cool completely in the pan, before cutting into bars.
Store in the fridge!
Add-ins for the two bars shown in the photo- Almond butter granola bars: add 1/4 cup almond butter Chocolate chip peanut butter granola bars: add 1/4 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips